Director Clinical Services Specialist - RN
RN Required - Compact License helpful
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change. Supervises licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. Strengthens clinical processes within community until a replacement is identified, then supports newly assigned Health and Wellness Director. Travels within the division as assigned to support management vacancy, start up, vacations, etc.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff (LPN/LVN, RN), the Med Techs/CMAs (if required by State Regulations) and/or Lead Resident Care Associates. May also supervise Resident Care Coordinators and Supervisor, Resident Care.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of associates in the administration of medications as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Act, to include auditing of medication administration records.
- Provides training and education to resident care associates on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific training.
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of resident's need for scheduled appointments.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Act.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale.
- Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents' physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to assure quality, proactive care.
- Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and notifies executive director, physician, and resident’s legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and reactions. Prepares Physician Visit Form and reviews and updates resident chart.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers’ Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
- Strengthens clinical process within the community until permanent replacement is identified.
- Supports other requirements within the division as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Nurse management, senior living, or post-acute care experience preferred. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.