Director, Home Health
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for the general management and fiscal operations of the licensed Agency. The Administrator is responsible for implementing and administering the Agency’s philosophy, goals, and policies as well as directing and delegating the management of professional and ancillary services while assuring compliance with the federal, state and local laws. Accountable for agency performance through the supervision of the overall operations of the Agency.
- Planning, organizing, directing and evaluating operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in business development activities to achieve agency goals.
- Complies with applicable law and regulations of operations and ensures staff adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for fiscal planning, budgeting, and accounting system management.
- Recruiting, employing, directing, and retaining qualified personnel.
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication. Maintains ongoing liaison between the staff and community agencies, communities, preferred provider network, retirement communities, etc.
- Ensuring program personnel have current clinical information and current best practices in order to deliver quality healthcare services.
- Directing and monitoring performance improvement activities and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
- Ensuring staff development via activities including orientation, in-service education, continuing education, competency evaluation and personnel performance evaluations.
- Assuring that all clinical services are furnished under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse.
- Ensuring that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented.
- Assuring the development and qualifications for professional services and the assignment of personnel.
- Assuring appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours, including ensuring adequate on-call services.
- Ensuring the accuracy of public marketing information materials and activities.
- Appoints a similarly qualified alternate to be available at all times during operating hours in the absence of the Administrator.
- Maintaining ongoing liaison with the Governing Body and implementing Governing Body directives.
- Informing the Governing Body and staff of current organizational, community and industry trends.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, associates, patients and their family members and Brookdale personnel.
- Collaborates with clinical, sales, and other Brookdale teams towards appropriate patient care service delivery and success of the agency.
- Overall supervision of branch offices if applicable
- Willing to work varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays to meet supervisory needs of the agency.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale and HIPAA concerning community and patient information.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Is a licensed physician, a registered nurse, or holds an undergraduate degree; and has experience in health service administration, with at least one year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or a related health care program.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid state driver’s license. Periodic overnight travel is required. Willing to work varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Possess the knowledge and ability to manage the total operations of the Agency through administrative ability, resourcefulness, executive and analytical ability. Ability to project a positive and professional image at all times.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.