Director of Assisted Living Brookdale Carriage Club
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care. As Director of Assisted Living at Brookdale Carriage Club you will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of professionals dedicated to the care of seniors.
In partnership with the Executive Director, responsible for setting objectives and delivering results that have direct impact on the results within the area. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a more complex community. Provides leadership guidance to the Assisted Living department managers of the community.
- Responsible for Assisted Living operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Empowers department leaders in Assisted Living to supervise, direct, and motivate staff with their oversight.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Partners with department leaders to provide leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively recognizing potential issues and solving at the community level. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Analyzes and develops annual operating and capital budgets for Assisted Living Departments with the Executive Director. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Supports Assisted Living department leaders in responsibility to hire, train, discipline and terminates associates in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates. Analyzes trends of associate issues within the community and implements strategies to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- In partnership with Executive Director ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements for Assisted Living licensures and services.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in accordance of Brookdale standards. Empowers department leaders to demonstrate same for their respected area. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image within the local community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the community and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Analyzes sales trends and metrics to implement approved sales and marketing activities in Assisted Living and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Ensures service plan reviews are conducted, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families, which maintains the personal dignity of residents.
Oversees the resident move in process, healthcare management and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and state regulations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree as required by the state. Minimum of three to five years related leadership experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid Assisted Living Operators Certification in states where required. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Demonstrates leadership ability to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Success in driving results. Successfully demonstrated good judgment, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.