Director of Compensation
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Oversees Brookdale’s compensation function. Plans, designs, implements, and administers compensation programs that support the organization's strategic objectives. Responsible for areas such as base pay administration, short- and long-term incentive compensation, and equity compensation. Works to continually improve compensation policies, and plans used to attract and retain employees in a cost-efficient manner. Remains current on laws, regulations, and plan design trends ensuring that the organization's policies and programs conform and are competitive.
- Provides thought leadership and execution of strategies and processes to influence and impact the overall Brookdale compensation strategy. Develops creative and innovative strategies for ensuring a competitive and equitable compensation package. Develops strategic initiatives, processes, and solutions that align with the strategic direction of the company.
- Develops processes and systems for providing compensation services and analysis to management and field HR. Develops standard operating procedures for compensation processes and procedures.
- Consults with Executive Leadership, Management, and HR Business Partners to identify compensation issues and then designs, implements, and executes appropriate solutions.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external partners to ensure the compensation strategy is appropriately developed and maintained.
- Directs the job evaluation process to maintain the integrity of the salary structure. Ensures processes are in place to evaluate external and internal equity.
- Provides advice to field HR and community management on pay decisions, policies, and guideline interpretation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation related programs.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys, market pricing, and labor market studies.
- Directs the administration of the annual merit increase process.
- Develops and publishes annual salary administration guidelines, policies, salary ranges, and related tools.
- Directs the design and administration of incentive plans, including the calculation, communication, and processing of bonus payments.
- Manages company’s restricted stock plan to include the communication to participants, administration of the program, and management of the relationship with the third-party vendor.
- Designs and maintains compensation-related databases and systems that support compensation programs throughout the organization, including maintenance of HRIS tables and queries.
- Utilizes data insights to drive priorities and performance while continuously resolving problems. Establish, track, and analyze metrics and report on progress to business leadership, as requested.
- Leads and manages the performance of the Compensation team to improve capabilities and results. Coaches, mentors, and develops the team to help them create customized strategies to drive business results.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required. A minimum of six years related experience designing, developing, and communicating compensation-related programs. Experience managing a team of Compensation professional is preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office desktop application and financial modeling.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.