Director of Nursing RN or LPN
Director of Nursing LPN or RN - Up to $4,000 Sign on Bonus!
Brookdale Mount Vernon, 1615 Yueger Road, Mount Vernon Ohio 43050
Are you looking for an employer who you can grow your career with? Join Brookdale!!
*Our community thrives off of our family like atmosphere. Everyone is family here and that sets up apart from others in our area. You won't find a better place to work or a better team to work with!
*Our residents are our top priority and our whole team is committed to their comfort, safety and wellness!
*Brookdale Mount Vernon welcomes an experienced Brookdale leader as our new Executive Director!
*We have tenured associates, up to 16 years of service!
*Join at this exciting time of new leadership and teambuilding!
You are a perfect fit for this position if:
*You have a passion for working with seniors.
*You have a passion for supporting high quality health & wellness services.
*You are a team player.
*You have compassion, empathy, respect and integrity.
Call Julie Arnold today at 703-946-2095 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, or apply online!
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full and part-time associate benefits:
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Benefit plan package
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
* Associate Compassion Fund
* Associate Discounts
* Identity theft protection
* Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision flexible spending account, health savings account and more
* Paid Time Off
* Adoption Benefit
* Tuition Reimvursement.
* Company-provided life insurance and accidental Death & dismemberment (AD&D)
* Voluntary STD and LTD
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
This is an incentive based positoin, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for leading additional clinical leadership team up to five members. The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of the resident’s need for scheduled appointments.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale.
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and notifies Executive Director, resident’s physician, and resident’s legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and reactions.
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents’ status and condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare-related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers’ Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Preferred a minimum of 3 years clinical leadership experience. Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation. Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.