Director of Sales and Marketing
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans to include completing sales calls and closing sales. Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources. Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events. Partners with Regional Sales management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Supervises the activities of at least two Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Marketing Coordinator(s) and/or Sales Counselor(s) to achieve the desired results of the community marketing and business plans.
- Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans of the community.
- Closes sales by assisting prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating them about how services and programs can meet their needs. Responds promptly to every telephone call or in-person inquiry from all referral sources, prospective residents, and families. Provides appropriate community and company information to anyone who inquires.
- Utilizes sales processes, systems, and forms for external and internal sales to perform job duties, track information, compile data and reports, and achieve desired community occupancy goals.
- Completes outside Business Development sales calls to meet or exceed the established goals for professional leads per week as set by the community marketing plan with Regional Sales management guidance. Contact sources include legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities, clergy, medical insurance providers, and other local community contacts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis. Provides information and conducts presentations about services and programs, market advantages, availability, and other relevant information to meet the needs of prospective referral sources and community groups.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events as specified by the community marketing plan, Executive Director, and Regional Sales management. Follows up and executes sales processes with all leads from events.
- Partners with Regional Sales management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Researches and provides recommendations for content and delivery of brochures, flyers, press releases and other forms of media that promote the community services. Adheres to procedures in the development of advertising materials by working with Brookdale’s Creative Services group.
- Monitors conversion ratios regarding Business Development calls to direct referrals, prospect calls, and tours and collects and analyzes data to prepare weekly and monthly reports. Provides frequent sales performance issue information to Regional Sales management.
- Maintains working knowledge of the lead management system and uses system to maximize sales effectiveness.
- Supervises the activities of at least two FTEs, Marketing Coordinator(s) and/or Sales Counselor(s), to achieve the desired results of the community marketing and business plans.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required. A minimum of five years sales experience, preferably in the retirement industry or medical or pharmaceutical sales, with a proven track record of generating and closing a high percentage of qualified leads is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services is required. Ability to operate personal computers and related software is required. Previous experience with contact management database, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others is required. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances is essential. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity is required. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.