Director, Resident Services - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Clinical Experience Required
Assists residents in identifying appropriate resources in order to maintain their highest level of independence and satisfaction to include problem solving for health, social, and emotional needs and coordinating support services. May be required to supervise other staff positions.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company policies.
- Develops, oversees, markets and coordinates community resident services programs.
- Implements orientation programs for new associates.
- Monitors and oversees any outside care providers working at the community.
- Assesses prospective residents for appropriateness of residency.
- Coordinates new resident orientation processes to ensure a smooth transition and appropriate socialization activities.
- Conducts family conferences to determine the amount of support services required to meet the resident’s needs.
- Responds to emergencies, assesses situation, and alerts medical help when necessary.
- Addresses and follows up on all resident concerns, incidents, and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Contacts family members during times of emergency and other concern issues.
- Communicates on a regular basis with health care providers to monitor and assess health conditions, safety issues, and the needs of all residents.
- Communicates with other staff members concerning resident changes and building operation issues.
- Prepares and monitors compliance with annual budget.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with local community. May attend social and civic affairs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of one to two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.