Director, Resident Services
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists residents in identifying appropriate resources in order to maintain their highest level of independence and satisfaction to include problem solving for health, social, and emotional needs and coordinating support services. May be required to supervise other staff positions.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company policies.
- Develops, oversees, markets and coordinates community resident services programs.
- Implements orientation programs for new associates.
- Monitors and oversees any outside care providers working at the community.
- Assesses prospective residents for appropriateness of residency.
- Coordinates new resident orientation processes to ensure a smooth transition and appropriate socialization activities.
- Conducts family conferences to determine the amount of support services required to meet the resident’s needs.
- Responds to emergencies, assesses situation, and alerts medical help when necessary.
- Addresses and follows up on all resident concerns, incidents, and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Contacts family members during times of emergency and other concern issues.
- Communicates on a regular basis with health care providers to monitor and assess health conditions, safety issues, and the needs of all residents.
- Communicates with other staff members concerning resident changes and building operation issues.
- Prepares and monitors compliance with annual budget.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with local community. May attend social and civic affairs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of one to two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.