Director Shared Services for System Administration
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Directs system administration personnel in the management of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. shared services systems. Leads the Shared Services organization’s systems administration centers of excellence including support, security, onboarding, cXML transaction flow, user administration and analysis. Coordinates, facilitates, and consults with various departments on system administration, communications, and other initiatives. Ensures systems meet financial and operational control standards as defined by internal and external audit organizations. Ensures the system admin organization provides appropriate services and support to internal and external customers.
- Manages Shared Services system administration center of excellence, spanning systems defined by corporate leadership.
- Builds, develops and manages systems administration support center of excellence.
- Develops and maintains team Service Level Agreements and metrics.
- Provides coaching, training, leadership direction and developmental opportunities for systems administration staff.
- Schedules, manages and validates enhancements, system modifications and upgrades.
- Recommends, reviews and maintains policies and procedures.
- Ensures all system administration staff remain current on procurement systems training and education.
- Works with Shared Services partners to plan and execute long term strategy.
- Builds intra-departmental system alignment and identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Oversees end user training/user experience. Supports and leads system change management. Designs and delivers communications to the field and end users. Oversees training and resource materials and updates, as needed.
- Evaluates and assesses new technology projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame. Implements new technologies to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Serves as an escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, disciplines, terminates, and conducts performance/pay reviews.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field required. Minimum five years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.