Director, Social Services - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Plans, organizes, develops, and directs the social service programs to ensure that the medical-related emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Assesses and identifies medical-related social and emotional needs of the residents. Develops and implements social care plans with the involvement of the resident, his/her family, physician, and other nursing care staff.
- Consults with physicians and healthcare team members in dealing with psychosocial factors relating to residents' illnesses, treatments, and discharge plans.
- Provides discharge planning, including referrals to community and family social services.
- Assists residents with financial and legal matters; provides or arranges for counseling. Assists residents with how to make decisions about their health.
- Directly supervises staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; completing performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Possesses knowledge of federal and state regulations, including Medicare/Medicaid, to arrange for needed services not covered by state regulations.
- Assists with the resident admission process.
- Orients and trains employees on social services policies and procedures to ensure understanding and support.
- Monitors supply and equipment needs and budget.
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Develops and maintains community liaison activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Social Work from four-year college or university; and minimum of two years related supervisory experience and/or training.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.