Director, Talent Management
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Leads the leadership and organizational performance team by developing strategies, processes, programs, and tools for improving organizational effectiveness and people capabilities while ensuring the alignment and support of Brookdale’s annual plans and long term strategic direction.
- Directs the design and execution of the company’s leadership development programs.
- Leads a group of consultants that translates the needs of operations leadership into talent management programs.
- Consults with company executives to develop succession planning and identify talent.
- Directs Brookdale’s talent review process including the identification and development of top, emerging, and valued talent.
- Consults with managers and company leaders on talent development, performance management, associate engagement, and succession planning issues.
- Supports the design and execution of Brookdale’s associate engagement strategy and action planning processes.
- Designs and delivers talent management processes (assessment and identification).
- Designs systems and processes to support the establishment of development plans.
- Manages the performance management process to help leaders and employees better understand the expectations for success and to give and receive feedback.
- Collaborates with leadership to design and facilitate change management initiatives that increase engagement and to meet strategic business objectives
- Develops a variety of training materials, tools and resources to support transformation of performance management
- Utilizes innovative practices, research, insight, experience and understanding of the needs and culture of Brookdale to develop and deliver leadership, communication, performance and other talent related initiatives.
- Conducts post-training follow up with the team members and their managers to ensure integration and demonstration of learning goals being achieved
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field required. Minimum 8+ years of experience in talent management and organizational effectiveness required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Certifications highly preferred in areas such as change management, process improvement, team tools, facilitation, instructional design.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.