District Director of Operations- Home Health- West FL
The District Director of Home Health Operations will cover the West Florida area. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the operational oversight of specifically designated BHS agencies. Responsible for the supervision of the Home Health Director and the Rehabilitation Director of designated agencies. Measures the objectives, goals, and philosophy of the healthcare continuum delivery congruent with the mission of the agencies. Monitors efficiency levels, production and compliance within the Home Health and Therapy service lines, ensures prudent financial resource utilization and provides for associate education and training. Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Home Health and Therapy service lines and interdisciplinary team process.
- Oversees the operational integrity of Brookdale Healthcare Service’s programs, systems, policies and procedures
- Facilitate effective delivery of care through the Brookdale Healthcare Services continuum to ensure quality patient care.
- Assist with agency strategic planning on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the agency leaders and AVP
- Collaborates with sales leaders on agency goals and excellence in customer service delivery
- Responsible for ensuring quality improvement and training activities designed to improve the performance of our associates that demonstrate evidence of commitment to high quality care and services up to and including career development and clinical skill growth.
- Serves as a resource to agency leaders for performance development and improvement activities.
- Monitors and directs effective utilization for Brookdale Healthcare Services documentation standards and expectations.
- Reports on trends and activities within clinical operations, using defined reporting processes and assists with action plans to correct, improve or advance the identified trends and activities.
- Primarily responsible for the hiring and on-boarding process of agency leadership and will serve as a resource in the interview process for all field level management and clinical associates.
- Maintains current knowledge of legislative, community, and payment issues that affect and agency goals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the agency budgets.
- Coordinates with the Area Vice President on schedules, activities and initiatives in order to maximize efficiency of the clinical team and meet the needs of agencies.
- Collaborates as appropriate with local community operations to ensure interdisciplinary support of resident needs.
- Participates in new program development, mentoring programs and other initiatives as needed.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards and ensures standards are maintained by all associates.
- Ensures compliance with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Ensures networks maintain a safe and clean work area and adhere to facility/corporate safety standards.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or business related field preferred. Five years of healthcare management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results. Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Healthcare improvement processes. Demonstrated ability to manage defined systems and process within BHS and successfully convey knowledge and learning to direct reports. Ability to effectively train associates and coach them to improvement. Word processing and related computer skills required. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to speak and write English fluently in order converse with residents as needed. Willingness and ability to assist in planning and executing the evacuation of residents during emergency situations. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of residents to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs. Excellent communication and teaching skills required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.