District Director of Operations
District Director of Operations - Wisconsin
Advance your health care administration and management career by joining Brookdale Senior Living as a District Director of Operations.
This position will support 13 senior living communities in Wisconsin and is a great operations management opportunity with an industry leader, and recent recipient of the J.D. Power Award for Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Assisted Living/Memory Care Communities.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for developing and providing short-term tactical direction and oversight. Develops short-term improvements impacting an area. Directs the overall operations of an assigned group of communities within a geographic region. Oversees a revenue of $20-60 Million.
- Develops long-range objectives and strategies for each community within the region.
- Develops annual operating budget, including census, payroll, staffing and capital forecasts. Monitors and assesses compliance with financial forecasts, productivity and goal achievement. Determines areas needing cost reduction and program improvement and implements changes as needed through the Executive Directors at each community.
- Implements company-wide programs at communities in the areas of dining, asset management, finance, human resources, and other operational areas. Enhances appropriate communication between the communities and the divisional/corporate offices.
- Works with community management to implement sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Assures that resident services reflect the highest quality in conformance with federal and state law and company standards. Enhances the quality of resident care by working with the functional team members in nursing, life enrichment, dining services, housekeeping and maintenance as needed.
- Evaluates, monitors, and enhances public relations efforts at each community.
- Assists all regional offices with preparation for state survey and licensing.
- Assures that all regional communities conform to qualitative and quantitative operating standards.
- Directly supervises and evaluates performance of Executive Directors within region. Updates, trains, and coaches staff as necessary to maintain high standards of quality care, financial accountability and business growth.
- Influences change in a positive manner within the assisted living industry through involvement with trade associations, regulatory agencies, and state executive and legislative officials.
- Partners with regional and community operations teams to oversee the overall health and safety program and practices for the region and maintain a safe environment for the residents, associates and families.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or other related field required. Minimum of seven to ten years experience in Operations, Marketing, Financial Planning and Human Resources Management in a management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Ability to work some evenings/weekends and travel frequently by air or car.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and /or departments with full responsibility for operational results. High degree of accuracy in all assignments, ability to work independently and manage time effectively. Must understand the older adult market. High degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to motivate. Ability to operate personal computers and related software.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.