District Director of Sales--North Florida
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Oversees and directs the sales efforts for multiple communities and products within district, major markets, networks and stand-alone communities. Responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding the occupancy and revenue goals. Supports the professional development of community sales associates and provides coaching related to selling skills, pipeline management and sales execution. Fosters a strong sales performance culture across the district.
- Successfully manages sales performance within the assigned district. Monitors occupancy trends and ensures execution of sales activities by team members. Leads district alignment around competitive positioning and marketing plans. Achieves and exceeds all occupancy and revenue goals for assigned district.
- Leads and develops the team of community sales associates and business development professionals within the district. Oversees creation of district business development and lead generation plans, ensuring coordination between communities to provide optimum results without duplication of resources.
- Assists in interviewing and hiring of all sales staff in their portfolio of communities. Actively partners with Training and Development, Human Resources, and Operations in the recruitment, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining of all sales positions within the district.
- Ensures effective onboarding of new sales hires, in partnership with Training and Development and Human Resources. Actively monitors skill and knowledge growth of new hires during onboarding period. Works to support achievement of professional growth milestones for new sales hires.
- Oversees completion of the marketing plan and budget for the district. Partners with the marketing team in the development and modification of near and long-range community marketing plans and budgets by providing competitor information, data and feedback. Develops sales plans that align to the marketing activities and achieve desired objectives.
- Assesses local markets and competitive positioning within assigned district and makes pricing and incentive/discounting recommendations.
- Monitors sales performance expectations and gaps at the community and district level. Reviews and analyzes sales reporting/dashboards on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure accuracy and to identify performance improvement opportunities. Coaches sales team members of appropriate actions in response to performance issues.
- Assesses the knowledge, skills and abilities of sales staff on an ongoing basis. Coordinates regular skill training and reinforcement to address gaps and opportunities. Conducts coaching observations of sales team members to evaluate sales behaviors and skills.
- Visits each community within district on a scheduled basis and as approved by Division Director of Sales or VP Sales. Partners with on-site sales teams and Executive Directors in the execution of the sales and lead generation programs and strategies to achieve and maintain full occupancy.
- Interacts with Clinical Operations and other home office associates. Educates and supports these partners about the sales programs for their respective communities.
- Consistently executes established sales processes, systems and tools to perform job duties. Maintains working knowledge of lead management (SMS) and sales reporting (dashboards) to maximize sales effectiveness. Adheres to reporting deadlines
- Promotes the company in a positive manner and sets the example for company’s standards for excellence. Serves as a consensus builder among community Sales and Operations teams.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field from accredited college or university. Has experience in sales process, promoting/selling related products and referral development, and knowledge of sales coaching and sales team performance management. Minimum of 5 to 10 years of successful sales experience, preferably in senior housing industry, medical or pharmaceutical sales sectors. Ability to effectively manage time and tasks in a dynamic environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Up to 70% travel.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services. Ability to operate smartphones, personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.