Division Director of Clinical Operations - East
Division Director of Clinical Operations - Brookdale East Division
Multi State Responsibility
* Brookdale Senior Living is seeking a dynamic clinical leader to support Quality Management in monitory trends, interventions and outcomes related to key Brookdale clinical systems.
* This role supervises and trains the Health and Wellness Director Pro-temps, regional nurses and other nurse roles as needed.
Call Julie Arnold at 703-946-2095 or email Julie at email@example.com, or apply online today!
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Provides clinical support to community teams as well as divisional and regional leadership; ensures quality standards and compliance with all regulatory bodies; Provides direct supervision and training of HWD Pro-tems.
- Responsible for Quality Management in monitoring trends, interventions and outcomes related to key Brookdale clinical systems of Wound Management, BAIRS review and follow-up, PSS Acuity evaluation, Falls Management, FOCUS Process-including Move-in and move-out process, Collaborative Care Reviews, Infection Control, Medication Management processes, Clinical Documentation, and Nutrition at Risk.
- Supervises and trains HWD Pro-tems, Regional Nurses, HWDs as needed and other disciplines as assigned.
- Oversees regulatory compliance including reviewing survey outcomes, assisting with Plans of Correction and providing regional team support in the development and implementation of action plans
- Assists with the development and implementation of clinical processes and programs
- Participates in committee and program roll-outs by supporting the required training and implementation schedules
- Acts as a designee in the absence of Divisional VP of Clinical Services
- Attends HWD Leadership trainings as available or as directed by the VP of Clinical Services
- Assists with internal and external investigations (i.e. iComply calls, complaint surveys, serious family concerns)
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Nursing with 5 years of healthcare related experience, preferably in care of the senior population. Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated leadership skills and competencies required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Active RN License in good standing required. Extensive Multi-state travel required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on scope of nursing practice, safety, consideration for liability, and knowledge of the risk management processes.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.