Senior Living Driver with CDL
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Excellent Positon for Retired Person – Come Be a Part of the Brookdale Difference, Make a Difference in Others Lives.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Under close supervision, drives a large capacity passenger bus to transport residents to activities, errands, and destinations. Properly operates bus and ensures the safety of all passengers.
- Drives daily and weekly route schedules to transport residents to shopping, entertainment, worship, medical offices, etc. Also drives residents to specially scheduled events.
- Assists residents in and out of the bus utilizing the wheelchair lift and/or stairs, if needed. Carries and loads oxygen tanks and follows basic instructions and precautions for their use. Carries belongings, opens doors, and cautions residents on steps and other objects in their path. Opens/closes and loads/unloads walkers and wheelchairs.
- Conducts daily checks of bus operation including fuel, oil, wipers, fluids, interior and exterior lights, etc. Notifies supervisor of concerns and needs. Drives bus to service center to obtain needed repairs and services. Maintains records and logs of internal and external service.
- Fills the bus with gasoline at pre-approved service stations.
- Ensures the interior and exterior of the bus is cleaned. Vacuums interior and collect and disposes of garbage. Wipes surfaces. Cleans windows. Washes exterior as necessary.
- Responds appropriately and in a safe manner in the event of unforeseen operational malfunctions. Follows emergency procedures and ensures the protection of passengers. Ensures requirements relating to emergency exit doors, eating, drinking and smoking in or near vehicle are followed at all times.
- Interacts with residents in a friendly manner providing meaningful attention and communicating concerns of resident’s health to management as appropriate.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.)
- May also assist with activities and scheduled events such as bingo. Runs errands for events and community as requested.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required. Minimum of one year successful experience operating a bus is required. Prior experience working with seniors preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current Class C CDL with no major driving violations for the past three (3) years. Current certification from Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction on bus driver training preferred. CPR training and certification may be required.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Ability to operate buses with proper certifications for capacity exceeding 19 passengers. Knowledge of large bus operations and mechanics and ability to respond appropriately and in a calm and reassuring manner in case of operational emergency. Knowledge of oxygen tank, wheel chair and walker operation and safety measures. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to speak and write English fluently in order converse with residents as needed. Willingness and ability to assist in and stay calm when executing the evacuation of residents during emergency situations. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of residents to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.