End User Support Specialist I
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Provides first level of support to Brookdale associates who are having system and procedural problems across a variety of technologies and systems. Key responsibilities include problem diagnosis and resolution, call handling, call tracking, end user education, resolution & escalation. At times, may work with other Brookdale teams to understand specific support needs for applications and systems.
- Provides phone support in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, including documenting all customer requests for resolution or information within a service management system. Meets or exceeds standards for resolution and call responsiveness.
- Investigates problem, determines cause and takes action steps necessary to resolve the issue and verifies resolution.
- Routes accurate and detailed descriptions of unresolved problems to the appropriate support personnel.
- Adapts to process and procedure changes as communicated to promote a world class support organization.
- Works directly with team members to understand end user support needs for applications and systems; may consult with other teams.
- May be asked to assist with escalation support for other End User Support associates; could be asked to train some members of the team.
- Identifies common end user support topics and will communicate with supervisor or more senior member of the team. May assist implementing resolution.
- Stays informed about specific application and system changes that are being made at Brookdale by working with appropriate application and technology teams.
- May assist with projects related to hardware and software roll-outs or other implementations.
- May be called upon to travel for support and project work as needed.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with IT staff, other Brookdale associates, and vendors.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school education is required, and one to two years of related experience is preferred. Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail. Will generally work with limited supervision; should have ability to independently perform work tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.