Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides administrative support to a Vice President or higher level executive, as well as additional support to their respective departments as required.
- Composes and prepares correspondence and presentations that are sometimes confidential. Compiles documents for daily meetings.
- Administers multiple projects and provides project management as requested by supervisor. Directs and coordinates activities of internal and external personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provides support to team members who need guidance in administrative duties, computer application issues or Brookdale procedures.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns.
- Responsible for department budget tracking and reconciliation to general ledger.
- Processes purchase orders, expense reports, and other confidential transactions.
- Performs public relations duties: answers phones and delivers messages and has significant contact with key company contacts.
- Maintains calendar and out-of-office schedule; schedules appointments and coordinates scheduling of department meetings; makes travel arrangements.
- Develops and maintains file systems.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Assists with creation of presentation materials for the executive group and other key company contacts. Edits and completes first drafts for written communications, ensuring that grammar, spelling and formatting are perfect.
- Edits and completes PowerPoint presentations from scratch and using templates, ensuring that visual presentation and content are perfect.
- Greets clients and visitors and informs necessary parties.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four years related office experience providing administrative support for a Director, Vice President, President, or CEO level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Strong computer skills and experience in working with word processing, spreadsheets and management software is required. Ability to type 50-60 words per minute.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- On-Call on an as needed basis
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.