Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Oversees daily operations of the kitchen and ensures the highest quality food products. Directly supervises and trains kitchen personnel on all related culinary activities.
- Oversees breakfast, lunch and dinner for quality assurance of meal presentation and portion control.
- Selects recipes, prepares and coordinates all meals. Coordinates prep for the following day’s menu.
- Creates new dishes and develops recipes, standardizing recipes to ensure consistent quality. Establishes presentation technique and quality standards. Plans, modifies and develops menus.
- Performs a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review detail of daily menu.
- Ensures an adequate number of culinary associates each shift and ensures absences are covered.
- Estimates food consumption and requisitions food purchases. Monitors and maintains inventory.
- Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food costs.
- Assists in applying appropriate loss prevention procedures.
- Assists in hiring, training, scheduling, disciplining and terminating associates. Provides training for all kitchen staff.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special events.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements. Ensures all kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times. Oversees the proper inventory, storage and use of cleaning chemicals. Keeps waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two year college or technical school. Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
ServSafe Certified. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Management and Decision Making
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective customer service skills and the ability to lead and supervise a diverse group of people. Ability to coordinate the daily production of menus, recipes and food preparation. Capable of managing multiple job tasks including the preparation of several foods at the same time. Excellent cooking skills and an understanding of food preparation principles, ingredients and culinary terminology. Ability to modify and develop creative recipes and menus that are healthy and satisfying to the residents. Ability to understand and apply sanitation principles.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.