Brookdale Mariana Butte
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for setting objectives and delivering results that have direct impact on the results within the area. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a mid-size community. Oversees a revenue of up to $25 Million.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates associates in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in the most economical manner possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication. Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent audits are performed on medication sheets.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or other related field required. Minimum of three to five years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use. California communities require three years of experience, completion of approved certification program, and completion of 20 CEU hours per year related to aging and/or administration. Properties in Indiana are licensed residential care facilities. The directors need to be licensed by the state of Indiana as a health facilities administrator. If administrators/executive directors are licensed in another state, application for provisional license must be submitted by Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.