Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination
Responsible for establishing plans within defined area with direct impact of the results of the area. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a large community that offers multiple product lines.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Collaborates with department heads to foster a culture that values and develops long term partnerships.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Empowers community management to provide leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues. Encourages autonomy and promotes feedback.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
- Drives results and pro-actively shares best practices and ideas with team to analyze and develop annual operating and capital budgets. Strategizes to minimize negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Demonstrates supportive leadership to mangers so that we are in compliance in regards to hiring, training, and all aspects related performance management of associates in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates. Analyzes trends of associate issues within the community and implements strategies to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Empowers creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in accordance with Brookdale standards. Empowers department leaders to demonstrate same for their respected area. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Represents Brookdale with a positive image in the local community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the community and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Identifies trends and implements approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy in a complex market.
- Ensures service plan reviews are conducted, as required by state regulations, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families, which maintains the personal dignity of residents. Oversees the resident admission process, healthcare management and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and state regulations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of seven to ten years related leadership experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Demonstrates ability to make analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple
tasks is essential. Proven success in driving results. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Proven demonstration of good judgment, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.