- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Leader responsible for the community’s daily operations, associate relations, resident and resident family engagement and connection, financial performance, and regulatory compliance. Creates and executes the business plan and develops the team to become a preferred senior living community in the market, while growing revenue and profitability in partnership with the district team. Works with sales to drive sales results. Creates an inclusive community culture that provides high quality resident experiences and care and engages residents, families, and associates.
- Is responsible for all operations within the community, interacting with staff and residents, prospects, or their family members or representatives, as necessary; builds and maintains strong working relationships with management team.
- In connection with the district team, develops and implements business plan to become a preferred senior living community in the local market and creates, analyzes, and executes annual operating and capital budgets; reviews and manages community performance against goals; sets plans to improve or maintain performance to Company service and financial standards.
- Acts as a hands-on leader who supervises, directs, and motivates community staff; provides assistance as needed. Encourages teamwork and collaboration and cultivates an inclusive community culture. Ensures community maintains appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of residents and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Attracts, develops, engages, and retains associates in accordance with Company policies. Responsible for recruiting and hiring high quality and engaged associates and ensuring they are appropriately trained and developed to meet the needs of residents. Reviews promotions, development plans, disciplinary actions, and termination decisions ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates. Analyzes trends in recruiting, turnover, and retention to continually improve community performance.
- Builds high degree of resident satisfaction and retention. Is responsible for maintaining positive resident relations and is accessible and approachable to residents and their families. Is proactive in solving problems and resolving issues with support from district leaders. Leads efforts to leverage satisfied residents and families to grow community occupancy. Partners with the Resident Council as necessary. Administers resident satisfaction and other surveys and works with district team to create plan to address opportunities for improvement in resident satisfaction, experience, and engagement.
- For assisted living or memory care communities, creates collaborative relationship with community clinical leader to ensure community’s care and services are appropriate to meet the needs of residents. Oversees resident services including the admission process, healthcare management, and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure high quality services and compliance with Company policy and applicable legal requirements. Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, consistent with applicable legal requirements, with appropriate clinical care team members and resident families to maintain the personal dignity of residents.
- Demonstrates a high degree of financial acumen as it relates to community operations; works to meet or exceed budgeted revenue and profitability; and proactively creates plans to overcome unanticipated expenses or revenue shortfalls. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction, while meeting the needs of residents and adhering to Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Drives sales and marketing efforts in collaboration with community sales leader to meet or exceed occupancy or revenue targets by developing new business, generating leads, and building strategic relationships. Engages with prospects who tour the community. Identifies trends and implements approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize revenue (RevPAR).
- Identifies and builds positive relationships with local influencers and professionals to raise community profile. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community that align with the Company’s mission. Represents the community and the Company to governmental agencies (as appropriate), professional organizations, community groups, and other appropriate agencies and groups.
- Ensures buildings, grounds, and property are up to Company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs and frequent inspections that meet Company standards of excellence.
- Enforces current Company policies and procedures. Maintains applicable licenses in accordance with Company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of two years in operational leadership experience required. Additional years of experience can be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Uses analytic skills and understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Demonstrates leadership skills to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping, and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Effective written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment and strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.