Executive Director Hire Ahead Program Tucson
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY HIRE AHEAD PROGRAM – TUCSON, AZ
JOIN BROOKDALE'S ED HIRE AHEAD PROGRAM
MUST BE FLEXIBLE FOR PLACEMENT WITHIN GREATER TUCSON
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Participate in on-the-job training experiences for the Executive Director role, learn new skills about senior living, and be able to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with managerial responsibilities within the Brookdale organization. The Brookdale Bench Program will prepare you to assume the Executive Director role at one of our communities including, but not limited to areas of people management, operations management, and clinical management when you assume the role of Executive Director.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Hands on leader who supervises, directs, and motivates community staff. Provides direct resident care as needed. Fills in at various positions as needed to cover staffing shortages.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues with support from district leaders. Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
- In conjunction with regional operations, executes annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in in accordance with Brookdale standards. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image within the local community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the community and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Utilizes approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families, which maintains the personal dignity of residents.
- Oversees the resident admission process, healthcare management and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and state regulations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of two to four years related leadership experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Uses analytic skills and understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Demonstrates leadership skills to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge and Skills
Has knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Effective written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.