Brookdale Jones Farm - 2815 Carl T Jones SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
Perks Available to Our Associates
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Whether it’s with a 401(k) or an insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated, and that your work is valued.
Full-time and part-time associates enjoy:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution – Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each Plan Year quarter.
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Be able to purchase Brookdale stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit – Save pre-tax money to pay for parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
- Associate Compassion Fund – Nonprofit fund for associates, funded by associates.
- Associate Discounts – Including: Senior Living & Personalized Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE, Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon.
Full time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans – Including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit – Get reimbursed for certain expenses related to the adoption of a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Get reimbursed for eligible expenses for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of a large campus community that offers multiple product lines.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates community management.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues.
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Works with community management to hires, train, discipline, and terminate associates in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in the most economical manner possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication. Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent audits are performed on medication sheets.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. Minimum of five to seven years related leadership experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required. Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use. California communities require three years of experience, completion of approved certification program, and completion of 20 CEU hours per year related to aging and/or administration. Properties in Indiana are licensed residential care facilities. Licensed by the state of Indiana as a health facilities administrator. If administrators/executive directors are licensed in another state, application for provisional license must be submitted by Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.