Field Call Specialist
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for increasing initial visits and move-ins within portfolio of communities from primarily internet sources as well as other referral sources or existing lead databases, as assigned. Will work with communities on a temporary, as needed basis, depending on community needs.
- Works closely with the Sales Leader or Executive Director at each community to convert assigned inquiries into initial visits to the community.
- Responds quickly to leads from various channels such as email, website, phone and fax.
- Maintains a working knowledge of marketing software programs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the company’s computerized lead tracking system and keeps data entry current. Manages all leads to ensure the quality of data entered into the lead tracking system ensuring that all data audit compliance requirements are met. Effectively utilizes the lead tracking system to plan follow-up activity.
- Visits each community or receives training to enable complete understanding of each community’s services and amenities.
- Maintains and communicates current product/service information to prospective residents and serves as the point of contact for the prospect until the lead is transferred to a community associate. Serves as the first point of contact for network marketing.
- Creates and maintains a professional image with referral sources, prospects, the community associates and other staff associates.
- Attends all training and in-service as required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A. or B. S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A demonstrated track record of closing sales is necessary.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
This position may work in the community or be assigned to a home office. If the particular position is home-based, an adequate home office (high speed internet access and a quiet environment conducive to phone work) is required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Possesses an understanding of the aging process and needs of older adults across all product lines. Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition and any new entrants. Ability to operate personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to present self and Community as an organization ready to meet the needs of the senior to maximize their quality of life by providing the highest quality of care and services. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers’ expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential. Must be a self-starter who excels in organizational and time-management skills and can work without daily supervision in a home-office setting.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.