Financial Analyst – FP&A Ops
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
The Financial Analyst role provides support to Financial Planning & Analysis that facilitates the successfulachievement of business objectives. Through partnership and working collaboratively across FP&A, and other
operational teams, they produce regular and ad hoc reports using financial and operational data to help strengthen business and financial performance.
- Updates models and performs ad-hoc financial analysis for FP&A to support divisional, regional, and community teams.
- Evaluates and assists in the development of high impact value-add analysis on business drivers, trends, and risk/opportunities by utilizing both internal and external data.
- Supports divisional, regional, and community teams through projections and annual budgeting cycle.
- Facilitates analysis of operational price strength and the impacts of discount and incentive practices.
- Conducts ROI analysis process for New Economics capex proposals.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and quarterly divisional and regional updates.
- Supports division and company-wide efforts in budgeting, projections, rate increases, price analysis, labor analysis, and other ad-hoc projects.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2+ years of finance/accounting experience (CPA or PeopleSoft skills a plus).
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Extensive use and knowledge of Excel spreadsheets required. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective organizational and time management skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.