Financial Analyst, Senior - Debt/Leasing
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Coordinates the due diligence process for the various financing arrangements. Serves as the liaison between Brookdale, the lender and the attorneys. Focuses on the business items required by the lenders. Supervises the finance assistants with the appraisal, engineering and environmental firms as well as dealing with other questions/issues that arise. Other responsibilities include forming, monitoring and dissolving joint venture with third parties; gathering due diligence material, scheduling capital contributions and calculating lease and management fees will be required.
- Prepares, verifies and controls the entering of monthly and quarterly debt and lease accounting journal entries to the general ledger.
- Completes balance sheet account reconciliations by the established due dates. Researches and resolves reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Prepares supporting schedules and work papers for the company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Researches and documents the appropriate accounting to apply generally accepted accounting principles to the company’s debt and lease transactions. Ensures the transaction is recorded accurately within the general ledger.
- Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis for the company’s debt and lease general ledger accounts.
- Corresponds with third party financial institutions, lessors, the treasury team, and internal stakeholders regarding the company’s debt and lease agreements and provides feedback where needed.
- Maintain and update existing lease schedules within our lease accounting software on a regular basis.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus around current processes and look for ways to make processes better than they are today.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university is required. In addition, three to five years of experience of accounting of accounting/finance is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position will be working extensively with other departmental staff. Organizational skills are of high priority as well as the ability to manage large projects. Individual should possess advanced skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.