Financial Business Analyst - Local Remote
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for reporting, completing data analysis and meeting delivery requirements while maintaining the data accuracy and integrity of the Shared Services data.
- Assists with reporting and other ad-hoc data analysis related to Shared Services governance and operations
- Maintains data accuracy and integrity
- Rigorous focus on meeting deliverable requirements
- Completes aging and or reconciliations as assigned. Ensures accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Effectively communicates with various parties related to reconciling items. Adjusts communications dependent on audience and technical ability / subject matter understanding.
- Effectively communicates with Senior Leadership both internally and externally
- Responds to Shared Services related inquiries from suppliers, field operations, and corporate associates
- Understands Shared Services regulatory and SOX requirements
- Understands and assists with yearly regulatory reporting and control testing efforts as assigned
- Technical competence with tools such as Microsoft Professional, SharePoint, ERP, eProcurement, etc.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or a related business discipline. Direct professional experience may be substituted for educational requirements. Minimum 5 years business experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to meet job requirements
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.