Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for ensuring the daily upkeep of the community(s) buildings and grounds in order to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Responsible for lawn care, landscaping, and snow/ice removal where applicable.
- Maintains the grounds of the assigned community(s) to ensure it is presented in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests.
- Ensures the cleanliness of each building’s exterior and the grounds surrounding it, including collecting and removing trash.
- Maintains a uniform landscape by picking up all debris around buildings and through breezeways of buildings.
- Plants and tends to flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims and mows lawns; applies fertilizer and insecticides; and utilizes pest control equipment.
- Cleans out building gutters.
- Shovels snow, spreads salt, and/or removes ice on public passageways and parking lots.
- Follows well-established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment, such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, and making simple adjustments and repairs as necessary.
- Performs pool maintenance duties where applicable.
- Notifies manager of any issues that arise.
- Responds promptly to emergencies and may be required to assist in evacuating residents during emergency situations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and a minimum of one year of landscaping and grounds keeping experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.