Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Full Time Hours for 6 - 8 Weeks.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for ensuring the daily upkeep of the community(s) buildings and grounds in order to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Responsible for lawn care, landscaping, and snow/ice removal where applicable.
- Maintains the grounds of the assigned community(s) to ensure it is presented in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests.
- Ensures the cleanliness of each building’s exterior and the grounds surrounding it, including collecting and removing trash.
- Maintains a uniform landscape by picking up all debris around buildings and through breezeways of buildings.
- Plants and tends to flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims and mows lawns; applies fertilizer and insecticides; and utilizes pest control equipment.
- Cleans out building gutters.
- Shovels snow, spreads salt, and/or removes ice on public passageways and parking lots.
- Follows well-established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment, such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, and making simple adjustments and repairs as necessary.
- Performs pool maintenance duties where applicable.
- Notifies manager of any issues that arise.
- Responds promptly to emergencies and may be required to assist in evacuating residents during emergency situations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and a minimum of one year of landscaping and grounds keeping experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.