Growth Opportunity for RN – Private Duty Homecare Manager
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Manages the Personalized Living department within a community. Ensures the efficient and effective operation of
the Personalized Living department and interdisciplinary team process.
- Provides direct management of all Personalized Living staff; to include coaching, counseling,
disciplining and completing performance evaluations. Ensures adequate staffing coverage for the
provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Motivates associates through staff appreciation, recognition, and incentive programs. Promotes
positive associate relations and resolves grievances.
- Provides orientation, training, and education to staff on an ongoing basis. This includes classroom, in
services and situation specific training.
- Ensures that community and corporate policies are disseminated and followed by all Personalized
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual Personalized Living budget.
- Works in conjunction with community associates and the administrator concerning the implementation
and monitoring of program services and clinical program, if applicable and per state regulations.
- Ensures effective Performance Improvement Program.
- Partners with community administration in preparing for state survey or other regulatory processes.
- Markets the Personalized Living program to any appropriate audience.
- Delivers and coordinates clinical services for the program, if applicable, and per state regulations. Responsible for the billing and scheduling of services or the delegation of such tasks. Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Manages documentation process to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance with
guidelines. Complies with all Safety and Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA
- Maintains current knowledge of national and state requirements for scope of practice, supervision,
credentialing and ongoing competency. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up
of the Personalized Living programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and
community personnel. Participates in community committees as appropriate.
- Participates in handling “on call” duties after hours and weekends.
- Responds to calls after hours and weekends in a timely manner.
- Available to staff working after normal business hours as a resource and manager.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Registered Nurse, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Registered Nurse, pursuant to state
regulations preferred. A minimum of five years related experience is required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be over the age of 18. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within the department. Uses sound judgment
and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and
work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication
skills. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills; strong supervisory skills; high degree of accuracy in all
assignments; ability to work independently and manage time efficiently; high degree of initiative and creativity; good
judgment; ability to employ professional ethics, and excellent analytical and clinical knowledge. Ability to project a
positive and professional image at all times. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.