Health & Wellness Coordinator
Immediately Hiring!Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change.
- Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery throughout all shifts; this may require assuming the role and responsibilities of a Resident Care Associate in order to meet the residents’ needs and staffing requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff, medication technicians/CMA's, and Resident Care Associates.
- Provides training and education to Resident Care Associates on an ongoing basis to include classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
- Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively manages care and services for each resident. Evaluates the effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates, according to Brookdale and state requirements, to ensure residents’ service needs are met.
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
- Oversees and manages the continuity and consistency of medication training, pharmacy management and medication supervision and/or administration in the community. Conducts periodic Care Associate medication skills inventory checks, and periodic medication audits per Brookdale Guidelines.
- Implements and maintains Brookdale operating standards, systems and processes. Monitors and participates in Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs at Safety Committee Meetings, Collaborative Care Meetings and Family Care Conferences.
- Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician visits including, but not limited to, dental appointments, eye appointments, therapy, and hospice both in house and scheduled visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as appropriate, on the results of these visits.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state regulatory agencies.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate person or agency regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family or outside health care provider concerns.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Participates in community events, including family and social functions.
- Shares on-call and Manager on Duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN) and a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.