Full Time Healthcare Liaison
Brookdale Atrium Way - 9960 Atrium Way, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Represents the skilled nursing community/ies and Brookdale to assigned hospital and healthcare focused accounts to drive sales and occupancy goals for assigned skilled nursing communities. Generates referrals from hospitals and assigned accounts to increase market share to meet occupancy goals. Keeps abreast of issues impacting hospital changes as well as competitors to keep community and regional team aware of any changes that would impact the market. Partners with regional and community leadership to develop strategic plans and tactics to grow market share within assigned accounts.
- Understands community budgeted occupancy goals and quality mix and referral needs of the community.
- Responds to referrals in a timely manner necessary to beat the competition in the market
- Utilizes Green, Yellow and Red admission guidelines to make timely admission decisions.
- Completes the pre-admission assessment tools for new admissions to prepare the internal team on anticipated medical needs and anything important to ensure a smooth transition.
- Partners daily with internal community admissions, clinical and operations team to ensure communication on pending referrals, admissions and other pertinent data related to admissions to the skilled community.
- Visits assigned hospitals daily/weekly/monthly as necessary to maintain and to grow referral/admission volume.
- Seeks to gather updated information on hospital programs, physician partners, changes in policies/protocols that could impact business relationships and communicates with community and regional leadership for ongoing strategic planning.
- Promotes skilled community metrics, outcomes and programs to hospital professionals including case managers, post-acute leaders, and physicians to position Brookdale against competition and to increase referral volume.
- Reports customer service issues or service recover needs to internal operations and clinical partners.
- Follows up on other Brookdale community residents in the hospital to triage to skilled as appropriate or communicate and hand off to appropriate community for a smooth return.
- Maintains all professional contacts and assessments in company preferred database/EHR system.
- Tracks/trends all individual productivity on the monthly HCL log.
- Communicates with community and regional sales leadership weekly schedule and scheduled appointments and outcomes.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Nursing background preferred (RN, LPN) or a minimum of 3 to 5 years working in the skilled nursing or related field.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
RN or LPN license but not required if experience in skilled nursing or related field is met. Daily car travel required so a valid drivers’ license is required. Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Will be required to apply existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions regarding admissions to the community. Use sound judgment and experience to solve moderately to complex problems based on precedent, experience, reasonableness or a combination of these. Understands when to seek additional input from subject matter experts when needed.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and the work environment. Has a working knowledge of the post-acute industry and the functional requirements of the discipline. Ability to use a computer is a must and windows based programs (Word, Excel, etc) preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills are essential. Ability to travel in market is required. Ability to facilitate problem solving as well as work through difficult situations with teams will be essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.