Private Duty Aide/CNA
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Flexible schedule position that provides clients with assistance and companionship while recognizing clients’ individual needs and encourages independence.
- Non-medical hands on care; including dressing, bathing, grooming, personal care and assistance with transfers.
- Provides one on one companionship to client.
- May assist clients with medication as defined in medication procedure.
- Performs general housekeeping duties, following cleaning schedules for client laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Assists with pet care as needed.
- Provides transportation to doctor's appointments and other errands.
- Attends and participates in required training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, and collaborative team. Notifies manager of any changes in client condition/status.
- Provides personal care to clients per their individualized plan of care.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, in compliance with state regulations; and one to three months of healthcare / homecare experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable transportation. Must have a valid state identification card. Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English with residents, family members and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.