CNA looking for a Home Health Aide opportunity! We are looking for a CNA who enjoys working with seniors in their homes. At Brookdale, we provide home care to seniors living in our IL/AL communities as well as to those living in private homes. We offer a competitive PPV rate and flexible daytime hours.
Pay Per Visit (PPV) rates may range from $10.00 to $150.00 and are determined by the specific position and location where your position is assigned and by the type of visit/non-visit activity performed. Potential for weekend/holiday differential. Mileage pay $0.40/mile, except where included in the global rate.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Under the supervision of a professional nurse, provides direct care to residents, which reflect Brookdale’s philosophy and standards of home health care. Assists in meeting the residents' individual needs while treating the resident with respect and dignity.
- Assists residents with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting to and from activities and meals according to the resident care/service plan.
- Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the resident's clinical record.
- Follows infection control and safety policies and guidelines.
- Implements resident care that is accurately, timely and appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords.
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibility with effective communication that promotes a positive working relationship with residents, families, and co-workers.
- Identifies changes in resident status or needs and communicates to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and minimum of one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred, but not required. Must provide certificate showing completion of 75 hour home health aide curriculum.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
In accordance with state law, may need to possess current state certifications and follow regulations to maintain current certification.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with limited independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in English with residents, family members and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.