Home Health Coordinator/Referral Marketing
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Home Health Coordinator / Referral Marketer needed to cover the Tampa area. Full-time, full-benefit position with base salary plus uncapped commission plan and mileage. Qualified candidates will have referral marketing experience in the Home Health, Hospice or ALF/SNF/ILF arena and/or outside medical sales experience in the Polk County area. Looking for a motivated seller to help grow our agency in Tampa. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for overall coordination of business development and education of patients, insurance companies, physicians, hospitals, nurses, community resources, other health care specialists and the local community. Ensures continuity of care, smooth interaction and communication between all involved in patient care activities. In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Services, is responsible for development of home health programs in the general community.
- Visits and establishes effective rapport with physicians, office staff, discharge planners and other referral sources.
- Participates in external marketing, including building relationships with referral sources, supporting marketing functions sponsored by the communities to engage in community networking, conducting physician visits, and meeting with discharge planners as needed.
- Responsible for community home health program development. In cooperation with the Senior Director, National Sales & Marketing and Director of Home Health Professional Development, assesses the needs of the program and develops a marketing plan of action with quarterly goals.
- Integrates efforts with community marketing team to ensure efforts are coordinated and in line with the community’s goals.
- Seeks new markets in the community to promote education.
- Participates in the planning for expansion of patient referrals.
- Develops and delivers health educational services.
- Attends weekly case conferences and provides feedback/reports on patient’s progress. Acts as liaison to physician to report patient’s progress toward goals, response to treatment, or updated treatment plans. Serves as a liaison with hospital planners to ensure smooth transition from hospital to home.
- Creates and presents business plan to target physicians, Assisted Living Facilities and other key referral sources.
- If a licensed clinician, may be asked to occasionally cover community based residents as needed for SOC, care plan development or assistance with staffing.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Marketing, and/or Licensed Nurse preferred. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in sales or public relations, preferably in a home health care company or a minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience; or therapist, social worker, or medically trained equivalent, with experience in social services coordination for patients with multiple, complex medical and/or socioeconomic needs.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be able to travel as required by the above duties. Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid driver’s license.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Familiarity with health care reimbursement. Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective written and verbal communications. Effective interpersonal skills in relating to physicians, other health specialists in the community, management and co-workers, over the phone and in person.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.