Home Health Office Manager
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve. We enrich lives every day. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Oversees day-to-day tasks within the Home Health agency, including office associate supervision, monitoring efficiency levels and productivity within the business unit, and ensuring prudent resource utilization. Develops, implements, and maintains the integrity of business functions, systems, policies, and procedures through training, ongoing support, and program development at the agency level. Facilitates efficient and effective communication with other departments to ensure successful agency operations.
- Oversees the support functions of the agency office, including coverage, workflow, and staff management.
- Manages day-to-day agency office support functions including intake, scheduling, office staff coverage, workflow, and reporting; provides coverage as needed. Supports agency leadership.
- May oversee Human Resources (HR) functions including but not limited to Payroll, maintaining personnel files, and interviewing, seeks guidance from Regional HR Director regarding associate performance concerns and other associate relations issues, as needed.
- Identifies and reports trends and activities of office functions and is responsible for facilitating improvement or enhancement to drive effective business office performance.
- Develops, implements, and maintains training and education programs, including training resources, to support office operations standards, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates training and education activities as needed including orientation, in-service, refresher, improvement, and regulatory.
- Provides ongoing software support, service, and training for associates.
- Troubleshoots software operational issues and technical issues and performs ad hoc testing.
- Processes orders for all necessary equipment and supplies, within budgetary guidelines, maintains inventory, and completes all necessary reports ensuring accuracy and timely submission. and supports agency leadership.
- Escalates unresolved issues as required, maintaining ownership of issue through resolution.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree required. Minimum of five years of experience in an office setting and three years of managerial experience required. Software/technology training and recent Home Health experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Ability to work varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays. Valid driver’s license required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Proficient with computers and software applications. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization. Must possess excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities. Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the day-to-day operation and interaction with associates. Promotes and maintains positive relationships and rapport. Projects a positive and professional image at all times. Knowledge and hands-on experience with Medicare and Oasis required. Working knowledge of basic accounting terminology and processes.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.