Hospice Area Growth Manager
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Oversees and works in conjunction with Hospice Market Managers and Hospice director teams to direct and lead
sales processes, tools and technologies for multiple hospice agencies within a respective area. The Area Growth
Manager is responsible for leading, developing, monitoring performance of Hospice Care Coordinators and Market
Managers to ensure sales and marketing processes support growth of the business and are aligned with the
divisional and/or overall company strategic plans.
The Area Growth Manager will be responsible for successfully providing people and thought leadership under the
guidance of the Senior Director of Sales. This position will ensure achievement of sales objectives, and will be
responsible for facilitating the flow of information internally and externally within the organization while providing
suggestions to improve performance outcomes among Hospice Market Managers and Hospice Care Coordinators
- Partners with the Senior Director of Sales to market and position Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS)
product lines within an assigned territory. Supports Hospice Market Managers and HCCs with achieving
and exceeding business goals for the territory in which they are responsible.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the lead tracking/management system and supports Market
Managers as needed.
- Attends sales meetings in collaboration with Hospice Market Managers to inform, train, and motivate
- Collaborates with Area Vice Presidents (AVPs) and Hospice Directors (HDs) to drive appropriate use of
agency marketing dollars to Market Managers to ensure optimal exposure and maximum efficiencies.
- Ensures Hospice Market Managers receive clear communication of goals, programs and alignment with
established business priorities as determined by the Sr. Director of Sales and Business Development and
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the industry, and healthcare trends. Partners with Hospice Market
Managers and HCCs in the development and modification of short and long-range agency marketing plans
and budgets by providing competitor information, data and feedback.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of Hospice Market Managers.
- Leads and motivates Hospice Market Managers within a designated territory to sell promoted products to
all customers according to the direction of management.
- Analyzes account sales and trends via sales reporting to ensure optimum coverage results of all customers
and potential customers.
- Partners with Operations teams including AVPs and HDs to ensure alignment and partnership to support
sales, clinical and financials goal and objectives.
- Conducts regular Sales Team collaboration sessions with Hospice Market Managers to identify and remove
barriers to support business growth.
- Reviews, interprets, and develops solid recommendations based on sales reporting trends to enable
successful sales and marketing in conjunction with the Senior Director of Sales.
- Monitors marketing and sales team performance expectations. Coaches, trains and motivates as appropriate
to achieve success.
- Visits each agency within this designated area on a scheduled basis, approved by the Sr. Director of Sales.
- Partners with Market Managers and AVPs to align with community Sales teams and Executive Directors in the execution of the sales and marketing programs to develop and create a health and wellness continuum. Participates in team meetings as appropriate.
- Partners with BHS Training and Development as well as Hospice Directors and Hospice Market Managers to actively design, lead and deploy sales training activities for their respective area.
- Provides routine training, coaching, and development of sales teams and/or sales leaders as determined appropriate and consults in all phases of their work including career development.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related field preferred or minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position. Minimum five to ten years of experience in marketing/sales, with a minimum of three years managing sales team members required. Experience with CRM platforms is preferred. Experience in hospice, or senior living, and healthcare with management responsibility is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination
of these. Expert leadership skills as demonstrated through training, people development, project management and strategic planning. Remains current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge and understanding of the senior healthcare market and various senior living products, including home health. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, analytics and sales control systems (CRM). Highly skilled in all forms of communication (i.e. oral, written, presentations) at team, peer and executive levels. Ability to motivate and develop staff within all product lines and positions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.