Hospice Nurse Practitioner - PPV
Pay Per Visit (PPV) rates may range from $10.00 to $150.00 and are determined by the specific position and location where your position is assigned and by the type of visit/non-visit activity performed. Potential for weekend/holiday differential.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Provides care to hospice patients who require assessment for appropriateness and certification of terminal illness for Medicare/Medicaid hospice services. Plans and evaluates the clinical management of clients. Evaluates treatment plans, medications, and other necessary care. Provides clinical recommendations to nursing staff to address the medical needs of clients.
- Reviews clinical materials of referring physicians to document basic disease process, drug regimen and assessment of the patient’s health and prognosis at the time of admission.
- Reviews the active medical and/or palliative care provided in the home or inpatient setting.
- Acts as a consultant to the patient’s physician and other members of the hospice team. Acts as the liaison between the patient’s attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team and helps resolve conflicting care situations.
- Certifies, in conjunction with the attending physician, that the patient’s life expectancy is not expected to exceed six months. Recertifies limited life expectancy at appropriate intervals.
- Identifies problems based upon interpretation of findings.
- Evaluates needs for immediate nursing intervention, consultation and referral to other health
- Participates with the physician in the formulation of policies, procedures and protocols for the management of particular health problems.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Master's Degree required. Minimum three to five years nursing experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) licensure required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. Works closely with the Medical Director, Associate Medical Director and Team Leaders to provide continuity of care consistent with the hospice philosophy and the patient’s wishes.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Displays expertise in assessing for eligibility for hospice services and providing symptom management for hospice patients. Possesses excellent communication skills with an understanding of working with patients with a terminal illness and their families. Attends educational in-services offered by the hospice, and possesses an ongoing commitment to enhancing their medical expertise in caring for hospice patients.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.