Hospice Sales Representative
Brookdale Hospice is currently seeking a Hospice Sales Representative
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for interacting and assisting with referrals from Brookdale Communities and healthcare professionals in hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, long term care facilities and physicians in private practice. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and weekly marketing meetings assigned by the Hospice Director and/or the Hospice Sales Coach. Responsible for the overall coordination of business development and education of patients, insurance companies, physicians, hospitals, nurses, community resources, other healthcare specialists and the local community.
- Establishes relationships with referral sources such as physicians, hospitals, long-term care facilities and assisted living facilities.
- Ensures referral source lists are governed by Brookdale and revised with approval of Division Vice President or other designee.
- Apprises the Hospice Director or Sales Manager on a predetermined basis of scheduled presentations.
- Prepares and presents presentations of Brookdale’s various in-services to referral sources and follows-up with the referral sources.
- Educates referral sources on the components of hospice care services.
- Serves as a liaison between Brookdale and physicians, hospitals, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities and all other referral sources to identify healthcare needs and assist in meeting those needs through Brookdale’s various product lines.
- Communicates frequently with each referral source to ensure that the expectations of the referral source and the needs of the patients are being met.
- Assists in identifying and resolving any issue, dissatisfaction or problem that the referral source is experiencing with Brookdale’s various sources.
- Evaluates, continually, Brookdale’s marketing strategies and advise management on effective strategies and suggests any changes.
- Serves as Brookdale’s representative in the community to promote a positive image of Brookdale and to promote interest in Brookdale’s various home health and hospice services.
- Works closely with Brookdale staff to coordinate necessary services for patients and to promote communication between staff and the referral source.
- Pre-screens patients, when possible, referred by physicians, hospitals, long-term facilities and assisted living facilities, eligibility and status, when referral is contemporaneous with discharge.
- Serves as a liaison between hospital and nursing facility discharge planners by visiting patients, as requested, to ensure a smooth transition to the patient’s home.
- Delivers plans of care to physician’s offices for signature, as appropriate, and ensures timely return of such plans.
- Participates in company-sponsored programs and meetings.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, and/or Licensed RN or LPN preferred. Minimum two years experience in sales or marketing, preferably in a home health or hospice care company or a minimum of three years of nursing experience; or therapist, social worker, or medically trained equivalent, with experience in social services coordination for patients with multiple, complex medical and/or socioeconomic needs; or equivalent combination or education and experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN Licensure preferred. Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid driver’s license.
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally. Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team. Demonstrates professional conduct and ethics according to organization policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Familiarity with healthcare reimbursement. Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective written and verbal communication. Maintains knowledge of agency policies and procedures and Medicare regulations applicable to hospice. Demonstrates commitment to Brookdale’s Mission, Cornerstones, philosophy of care and organization culture.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.