Hospice Team Assistant
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Job requirements: Hospice or Home Healthcare experience in an administrative role. This is a Non-Clinical role; Microsoft Office/Outlook experience, Excel and generating reports, EMR system (Medical Records).
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for supporting the Clinical Services Manager and interdisciplinary team members. Acts as a liaison between field staff and the Clinical Services Manager. Responsible for maintaining open charts according to accepted standards and organizational policy.
- Updates the census report each day and distributes to interdisciplinary team members on team meeting day.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager by ordering and maintaining appropriate inventory of medical supplies for field staff.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager in maintaining schedules for field staff and notifying personnel and facilities of changes in assignments. Assists the Clinical Services Manager and collaborates on scheduling hospice associate visits and admissions.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager, as requested, in preparing for team meetings.
- Maintains open charts by filling all clinical documentation in a timely manner.
- Processes treatment plans, interim physician orders, and recertification of prognosis, as required.
- Reviews files weekly and follows up with the Clinical Services Manager/Team Member on deficiencies in paperwork.
- Maintains open medical records in designated area according to hospice policy and procedures.
- Participates in Q.I., activities, chart audits and other related duties, as assigned.
- Prepares for team IDG meeting by having appropriate patient charts ready for the meeting. Prepares the Plan of Care updates, and other related duties, as assigned.
- Assists by answering phones, taking messages, and greeting visitors.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum one year previous clinical experience preferably in a medical setting or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written and verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.