Host - Hostess
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Host/Hostess - Weekend Shifts Required
-Longevity of staff (50+ years in senior management)
-Growth and education training
-Community often promotes staff from within organization
-Facility Owned and operated by Brookdale
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Greets and seats residents and guests in a timely manner, ensuring customer satisfaction. Presents menus to guests in a friendly, professional, and quick manner. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Greets and seats residents with a friendly and welcoming attitude in a timely manner in accordance with company standards. Presents menus to guests and informs them of specials.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables. Assists wait staff and bussers in serving, bussing and resetting tables.
- Cleans and organizes host area.
- Answers phone and responds to questions. Reports any resident concerns to the Dining Room Manager immediately.
- Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Assists wait staff and bussers in serving, bussing, and resetting tables as needed.
- Assists the Dining Room Manager in supervising and training staff as needed.
- Attends all training in-service seminars and pre-shift meetings.
- Assists in special events.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Prior food service/restaurant experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Excellent communication skills. Effective organizational skills. Ability to multi-task. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.