Host Hostess PT LUNCH AND DINNER AND EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Greets and seats residents and guests in a timely manner, ensuring customer satisfaction. Presents menus to guests in a friendly, professional, and quick manner. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Greets and seats residents with a friendly and welcoming attitude in a timely manner in accordance with company standards. Presents menus to guests and informs them of specials.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables. Assists wait staff and bussers in serving, bussing and resetting tables.
- Cleans and organizes host area.
- Answers phone and responds to questions. Reports any resident concerns to the Dining Room Manager immediately.
- Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Assists wait staff and bussers in serving, bussing, and resetting tables as needed.
- Assists the Dining Room Manager in supervising and training staff as needed.
- Attends all training in-service seminars and pre-shift meetings.
- Assists in special events.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Prior food service/restaurant experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Excellent communication skills. Effective organizational skills. Ability to multi-task. Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.