Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Full Time Housekeeper
• SIGN ON BONUS: $250.00(30 DAYS) $250.00(90 DAYS)
• GREAT Hours-Mon-Friday No Nights No Weekends
• GREAT Meals (daily meal provided)
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Under supervision, cleans, polishes, and sanitizes gathering and public spaces including lobbies, halls, stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Cleans residents’ apartments on a weekly basis or as needed. In addition, interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested.
1. Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
2. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
3. Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures that water marks are removed from fixtures.
4. Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning of bathroom fixtures and floors. Wipes surfaces in kitchen and ensures that appliances are clean. Vacuums and feather dusts surfaces in apartment. Avoids disturbing residents’ belongings and respects privacy. Removes linens from bed and returns to resident for cleaning. Makes beds with clean linens according to resident’s preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
5. Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with resident’s health to management as appropriate.
6. Attends and participates in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
7. Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
Education and Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Prior experience in cleaning or housekeeping preferred. Certifications, Licenses, and other
Special Requirements: None
Management/Decision Making: Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills: Has a basic level of skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to respect the privacy of residents and to refrain from discussing their personnel situations and problems with other residents, particularly as it may relate to their health. Must be willing to communicate with residents of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Ability to complete cleaning tasks in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
As a Brookdale housekeeper, you will keep all community public spaces, activity and dining rooms, and resident apartments clean. This important role ensures our communities are presented in a positive manner, and help make it a great place to live. Housekeepers interact with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, and provide help, as needed, throughout the community. Become part of our family, grow your skills and career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
What it takes to be a Brookdale Housekeeper:
Housekeepers clean floors, dust, wet mop, wax and disinfect resident apartments, restrooms and public use spaces. Cleaning can include vacuuming, shampooing and deodorizing carpets, and cleaning surfaces throughout the community. Housekeepers also respond to resident room emergencies, and log cleaning activities as required.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.