Housekeeper, Lead - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Assists with cleaning public spaces including lobbies, halls, stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to present the community in a positive and impressive manner for residents and guests. Assists with cleaning residents’ apartments on a weekly basis or as needed. Interacts with residents and guests in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and directions as requested. Checks public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper cleanliness of areas.
- Prepares staffing schedules and daily assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders all equipment and supplies needed for department, and ensures the safe handling and storage of them.
- Ensures adequate training for all new staff.
- Assists staff with the cleaning of common areas and residences. Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures accurate labeling.
- Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning of bathroom fixtures and floors. Wipes surfaces in kitchen and ensures that appliances are clean. Vacuums and feather dusts surfaces in apartment. Avoids disturbing residents’ belongings and respects privacy. Removes linens from bed and returns to resident for cleaning. Makes beds with clean linens according to resident’s preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by procedures.
- Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with resident’s health to management as appropriate.
- Works with kitchen staff to ensure the sanitation of kitchen.
- Checks public areas and resident apartments for accuracy of work.
- May assist in maintaining budget for housekeeping department.
- Attends and participates in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol.
- May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred; and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally. Supervises workflow of housekeeping personnel.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to communities, communities' families, and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.