HR Business Partner
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
The Regional Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with associates and management for communities within an assigned region. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The HRBP acts as a culture driver, associate champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our Centers of Expertise (COE) and Operational Leadership to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and associates that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws. Works with operational leadership to develop strategic initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation as it relates to hiring, compensation, performance management, benefits and other associate related matters.
- Manages and resolves complex associate relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Monitors associate counseling, corrective action, and performance improvement plans; oversees involuntary termination procedures; and approves associate separation notices and related documentation. May conduct exit interviews, as needed, to determine reasons behind separations.
- Advises leadership regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Conduct wage analysis to review local market data and partner with the Compensation COE on adjustments and make recommendations on based on knowledge of business needs.
- Analyzes trends and HR metrics to develop solutions and programs. Works with operational leadership to develop and implement people and talent strategies.
- Partners with the Talent Management COE to identify opportunities for training at communities. Acts as the liaison with the Talent Management COE and operational leadership on implementation of talent management initiatives for an operating division.
- Partners with the Associate Relations COE and operational leadership to ensure Integrity Line alerts are thoroughly and timely investigated.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate HRD on acquisitions and disposition community transitional needs, ensuring associates have proper communication and support.
- Promotes positive associate relations throughout the division by partnering with operations leaders to conduct associate surveys, climate studies and skip-level meetings.
- Responds to union organizing, ensuring managers are trained on awareness and appropriate follow-up steps. Partners with Associate Relations, legal and operational leadership to minimize risk.
- Partners with the Legal department and represents organization in legal proceedings, as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field required. Minimum five year’s experience as a Human Resources Generalist; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential is preferred.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Advanced working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, associate relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.