Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
The HRIS Specialist serves as the primary liaison for HR system requests and user support. Via the Company Help Line and email system, answers “how-to” questions and educates system users on submitting/approving changes in Human Resource System. Conducts audits for data integrity and ensures data is properly maintained. Participates in projects involving HR data, as required. Generates reports from the HR system as requested.
- Serves as a "subject matter expert" to managers and associates regarding the HR system. Answers questions and educates managers on how to submit and approve changes.
- Provides support to all HR systems users and supports the HRIS helpline. Works closely with other departments, such as IT, Compensation, and Benefits, to ensure questions/issues are resolved.
- Completes manual data entry requests, including data corrections, as needed.
- Troubleshoots HRIS-related errors and escalates issues to IT as needed.
- Identifies continuous improvement projects, enhancements, and business process changes within the HRIS system, which increases efficiency and user acceptance. Proactively formulates ideas and recommendations for system improvements.
- Assists with audit responsibilities, including developing and executing audit queries for HR data integrity. This includes client follow-up for issue resolution.
- Performs advanced report writing and ad-hoc reporting as required. Designs and distributes monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad-hoc reports.
- Creates and conducts in-house HR system training program materials that will educate users with HR system functionality.
- Adheres to confidentiality policies within Human Resources, and ensures HR database is accurate and secure.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one to three years related experience. Working knowledge of Web-based applications and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required. PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.