Human Resource Project Specialist
Immediately Hiring Nationwide!
COME JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
If you have been looking for a position that will let you showcase your outstanding organizational skills, then look no more................... Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects within the allocated budget and schedule while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. Act as a liaison with all company departments to execute projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provides leadership of the project team in developing the project execution plan, budget and schedule within the requirements established during the proposal stage of the project. Defines, in conjunction with management, the scope of the project to be self-performed and the scope to be subcontracted.
- Performs project risk analysis and develops risk management plans. Responsible for defining the project task and the resources required for the execution of the task. Establishes and communicates individual responsibilities for project team members.
- Provides direction and guidance to project team. Tracks progress of project deliverables. Manages project scope. Identifies and documents project scope changes. Communicates the impact of the changes to the project budget, deliverables and schedule to Management.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with client via business meetings, phone conversations, presentations, etc. Keeps Management and Client informed on project status, updates/changes or concerns surrounding the project plan, budget or schedule.
- Provides project execution sequence and work with scheduling to develop the project schedule. Provides periodic progress updates to scheduling. Utilizes schedules to guide project execution and to anticipate risk to project schedule.
- Coordinates with each community to establish a list of qualified bidders, development of bid packages, soliciting bids, and awarding subcontracts for each portion of the scope to be subcontracted.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to establish a list of qualified vendors, development of request for soliciting proposals and awarding purchase orders for supplies, materials, components and equipment needed for the execution of the project.
- Coordinates the timely negotiation of terms and the execution of the contract, assures the project is executed in accordance with the contract, the negotiation of terms and execution of subcontracts, and that subcontractor invoices are according to contract terms.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure invoicing per the contact requirements, managing project cash flow, tracking and reporting of project cost, estimating cost to complete and forecasting project financial results.
- Coordinates with the Management Staff in the development of project policies and procedures.
- Ensures project documentation in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Three to five years in a related industry, primarily with a senior living, healthcare or hospitality focus. Requires broad range knowledge of industry standards and policies and procedures.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Travel is required and can be up to 60%
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization.
Ability to forecast problems and maintain strong conflict resolution skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Microsoft Project experience is helpful. Candidate should have strong relationship skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.