Human Resources Assistant - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Provides clerical and administrative support to the HR Manager and/or GM, as well as additional support to human resource operations at regional and division levels.
- Performs administrative duties for the department, including maintaining the payroll/HRIS system, typing correspondence, taking meeting minutes, and opening/prioritizing the mail.
- Assists with internal and external communication processes, such as letters, memos, and documents.
- Answers the phone, screen calls, and takes messages or transfers caller to appropriate department.
- Assists in human resources activities, such as developing sources of qualified applicants, conducting screening interviews, administering tests, completing candidate reference and background checks, and coordinating orientation/training for newly hired associates.
- Schedules appointments, coordinates department meetings and conference calls, and arranges travel for applicants.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining statistical reports concerning recruitment, interview activity, hires, and terminations. Maintains applicant data logs, ESR reports, advertising logs, personnel file audit tools, etc.
- Assists in conducting exit interviews to determine reasons for separations.
- Assists with the administration of worker's compensation programs and unemployment processes. May prepare worker’s compensation and unemployment reports.
- Assists with conducting human resource audits and records maintenance, as required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Maintains records of hired employee demographics for government reporting. These files encompass divisional/regional employees and resident directors only.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associate’s degree preferred plus a minimum of one to two years related experience. Strong computer skills and experience in working with spreadsheets and databases.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.