Human Resources Supervisor
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Supervises the work of HR Coordinators day-to-day activities and assigns work on a regular basis. Works closely with community or agency, regional and corporate associates, recruiters and hiring managers in the role of supervisor and Talent Acquisition Coordinator as needed. Provides training and development of Talent Acquisition Coordinators to maximize efficiency, customer service, and provides support to management in order to help effectively identify and implement process improvements.
- Advises managers and associates on pre-employment policies and procedures.
- Advises management on organizing, preparing, and implementing pre-employment programs.
- Partners with management to ensure resources, tools are maintained and optimized for the Human Resources Coordinators and clients that we serve.
- Supports management on department initiatives, recommending process improvement opportunities where appropriate.
- Identifies and establishes department metrics, SLAs and goals, measures and monitors Human Resources Coordinators performance.
- Monitors and supports HR Coordinators in utilizing the ServiceNow platform.
- Monitor and approve payroll for HR Coordinators.
- Responsible for tasks and activities as assigned by department management (i.e. invoice processing, background check escalation review, etc.).
- Escalates situations to management when additional guidance/support is required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent in work experience)
• 3-5 years
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally. Develops recommendations regarding new solutions and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Moderate to advanced computer experience and skill in usage of the internet and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of basic HR policies and procedures. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Driving Required: Occasionally for Self
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.